Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Before I head off to bed

I was wondering earlier today if my massive lapses in attention to this blog over the years weren't in part due to the fact that I get out of the habit of writing here.  Habits are hard to break, so I must not actually have managed to ever get into a proper one here, and I doubt that will change.  Tonight has been spent on the phone, playing Guild Wars 2, reading a Christmas romance short story, and adding a few more ornaments on the tree.  I think all of the family ornaments were hung earlier, but I hadn't put any reflective balls on it.  I think the frosted glass ornaments are pretty, and they give the tree an older feel than my plastic flamingo lights on the metallic champagne colored tree may actually deserve, but I have them, so I should use them.  I have a dozen or so medium gold balls to still hang, but that is probably tomorrow's project, and this entry is more to form habit than to share anything enlightening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you got the tree up, and got some ornaments on it - which puts you way ahead of me!!

I have a lovely artificial tree I bought years ago - acrylic 'ice' tipped branches,
pre-lit, and pine cones. I put it up once, then stored it in the cellar. Frankly, dragging it up the stairs along with the boxes of ornaments is too much for me now.
Plus, I don't have enough room for it anymore.

That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.

JeffTD said...

Seems you finally figured out how to get the comments section to work. Don't you have a strapping neighbor who would help haul those boxes up from the cellar?

Anonymous said...

I wish!!