Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Henry Miller's Beauford Delaney piece

Tree decoration isn't going well, but reading is just fine.  My "Art in America" anthology just gave me a refresher on why I enjoy Henry Miller's writing-- that man can convey his enthusiasm, almost like you can feel it.  It probably doesn't help that I also finished a bit more of IRL, and I don't know if Pico has read Miller, but that same sort of urgency is in both of them.  In this case, both of them seem to be saying that regardless of what life tosses you, create, and make something of it.  Too often today, and I am way to guilty of this, if life tosses me lemons, I will go play a video game or get lost in a book just to avoid it.  While I am not sure how much a blog entry is something created, especially a blog entry for a blog with less than a dozen views per entry, this is something.  More of a document of what I have read, what it sparked, what I avoided doing while reading (decorating the tree), or really anything.  Maybe by the end of the year I will actually manage a total of 350 postings, which considering the age of this blog, would be a milepost of phenomenal sorts.  Those years with no postings, just mark those as years when I read or gamed or generally just stuck my head in the sand.  With the way things are going now, that may end  up being the next four years too, unless I somehow manage to keep up with The Donald posts on Google+, since I have, for the time being, stopped posting anything on Facebook, unless it is to share some bit of silliness I posted on Instagram.  Writing is good for me, just to relieve a bit of stress going through my mind.  There are some days when the blog exists side by side with the journal, though that isn't very often now.

The most important thing about social media, and the one thing that will always be my Achilles' Heel is that you need to stay active, because once you stop being active, folks go elsewhere, even friends.

No comments: