Thursday, December 22, 2016

Focus would be nice

Looking over this blog there is a post referencing Carlos Pintado's "Nine Coins" and believe it or not I still have not finished it.  As such, it is my next goal, because I have way too much piled up in that chair, and the pile keeps getting bigger.

Anyway, after having spent the day in Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) doing their holiday quests, I decided to venture away from the computer.  In doing so, I found the poem "Roman Catalog" which has this final stanza:

The light would sometimes skim across him, shyly,
and I was the light
of a lamp about to go out.

This stanza is preceded by one mentioning a nude person and a wicked beast, which sets this one up nicely, but I like this stanza better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff it is Missty from FCR forum. Cheryl mentioned you would like to know someone else had read your blog. Read from 1st post to July this summer and recently caught mostly back up. I play Elder Scrolls a little too. Been playing the franchise for years. I was sad when the technology went beyond my Morrowind game. The mods for it were really neat. We have Oblivion and Skyrim on the xbox but I prefer the track ball on the computer. Just started the online this summer. Haven't been on for the new life festival yet was busy with other Christmas things. I should get to play tomorrow. Still on the starter missions. Was tempted by the wolf to ride and the pup but I wanted to save the crowns I have towards a house in February, took advantage of the Black Friday sale to get the added content and the adventure pack. Do you play on a computer or a game console? I'm Missty5. Level 6 Nightblade Khajit. My older daughter plays a little on the xbox but she prefers Fallout.

I like the tiki ornament you have on your Christmas tree.