Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Poem (#badtrumppoetry)

I posted this earlier on Twitter, but thought I would share it here, since I wonder if any of my nine followers there actually saw or could read it.  For those who can't read my scrawl, here is the transcription:

Trump will have no come to Jesus moment
Regardless what the Right thinks
His Road to Damascus
Is peppered with the bodies of children
and ends
with friends Putin and Assad

Trump will eventually get good press
Regardless what the Press thinks
His White House press room (otherwise)
Is filled with doting sycophants
so ends
with capitulation for access

Trump already has a willing Congress
Seats bought and paid for,
Their support of Fear and Hate
Pushes a disenfranchising agenda
finally ending
the Hope of America's Promise

Truly, I can't judge poetry worth diddly, and would never judge mine, since I am not sure if what I wrote technically qualifies in anything other than the Dada sense.  I like this one, and thinks it does a fair job with my thoughts, though it doesn't have the gut punch this election brought, knowing those I care about are really ok with me being second class, knowing that for whatever reason they felt the best course for this country was to court hate and discord.  The founding father's of this country did compromise, it was how we ended up with some of the less savory aspects of our history, but they did at least compromise, something these past few years has shown me that the recent Republican Congress was unwilling to do, and by that unwillingness, I think they have damaged a fundamental aspect of our government, something that at least worked towards progress, even if in small steps.

No comments: