Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Merge with previous?

I am very glad that no one recommended Windows Vista to me.  As I said earlier, it isn't very cooperative for me.  I tried restoring it to several points prior to when I began experiencing problems, but none of those points worked, so I threw my hands up and sent it back to the beginning and restored factory settings.  How many hardware & peripheral device companies does Microsoft own stock in?  I have a great big hard drive on the pc, but having wiped it twice in two months, I am not anxious to put anything on it because I don't really want to continually replace it.  With truth I can say I do not ever recall having this many problems with a computer that was less than six months old.  If Dave hadn't been having similar nightmares with his Vista laptop, perhaps I would say the combination of things on my computer was to blame, but there are way too many reported problems for me to lob the blame on a lemon of a computer.  All of the time tonight post dinner has really been spent trying to fix the stupid computer, prior to giving up at 8, and deciding it just needed to be restored to factory settings.  I can't honestly believe that Microsoft thinks Vista is an improvement over any aspect of XP (aside from financially, due to sales).  Microsoft's already spotty OS reputation has to be in tatters now, as I haven't found one good review of Vista, and even Steve Ballmer admitted it was a work in progress.  Between them and Vista and Boeing and the 787, the Seattle economy is doomed.

1 comment:

Davo said...

Very sorry to hear of your move to Vista. Honestly, I'm perfectly happy to scream my displeasure from the hilltops to all who will listen. Vista is a horrendous mess.