Monday, June 23, 2008

Parade Picture and another old post never posted



My computer is saying there is a network called freeWiFi, but no signal, so here I go with writing first and uploading second. In one of those sparks of brilliance as my stomach growled on the bus, it occurred that perhaps I wouldn't be so poorly disposed to the TSA if I actually had a full stomach. Of course after I unpack (explode) my bag into three containers, because of shoes, laptop, quart bag of toiletries, jacket, and lastly my ball cap, my opinion of their job doesn't change, but the people in the uniform were nice, so it wasn't bad, at least here.

I am having one last Black Butte Porter before heading to the land of boring beer, as it boggles my mind to think there might be a good place for beer in Gatlinburg, TN. Really, I am not a beer snob, but not much can be said for Miller or Budweiser when it comes to flavor, though there are rumors of efforts at improvement, of which, Michelob Amber is the most concrete proof. With my 10:45 a.m. beer, I am having a burger and fries, and paying dearly for the privilege, but the atmosphere is better here than in the place down the way where I could get a 7" personal pizza for $8.

(A porter at this hour is nothing as I just heard someone order a Mai Tai.)

Perhaps because I seldom do "sit down" meals in the airport, I never noticed the switch to plastic. My burger came with a plastic knife, which I guess is to prevent someone from buying lunch and taking the silverware with on the flight to terrorize the other passengers, though in truth, if it is on a flight with food, the others would be jealous that this guy didn't have to use the ingeniously designed plastic airline utensils.

No comments: