Saturday, June 14, 2008

Nice saturday... now if I could do something

This is not my picture, but it probably vanished off the owner's camera without a second thought.  The world is a ripe place for second thoughts, some good, some bad, but always present.  For example, I am writing here instead of painting or doing something outside on a gorgeous day, but then, I was thinking about this and ran with it; otherwise, there was a chance I would ruin my minimum once a month blog posting.  

(Ooh boy, Fiesta de la noche, by O-Zone, in some remix or other, giving me a repeat of the chorus, also the title, for the rest of the evening.)

It has been one of those odd weeks, one of those weeks when it was all I could do not to just up and give notice because the absurdity was almost beyond me.  Going to work and doing little but stare at a computer screen, alternating between spreadsheets to give the appearance of being busy, is really pretty much a waste of eight hours.  Good sense sort of eventually broke over me and I recalled that giving notice without plans for the future did not constitute a wise decision, especially with my passport in need of renewal.  (I really should get motivated and take care of that.)  The reason I don't enjoy giving my family lots of details about what I plan on doing is because that plan changes.  I still can't think of a reason to move east other than to be closer to them.  If I move, why shouldn't I go abroad again?

Oh well, whatever it is I decide to do, it will happen when it does because there is always a teaching position in Korea if I want it, though I saw an opportunity in Ukraine today, too.

No comments: