Friday, October 03, 2008

Decisions to be made


Today is the first Friday I am off based on our current strike schedule. I am not totally sure what to do with the time, but did decide to finally update my voter registration with my current address, of course, tomorrow is the deadline. Since I don't have a car, I am not sure how I would have gotten to Woodinville to vote. Other than that, my thoughts have been on next February and March, and what I am going to do then, and the answer right now is that I really don't know. There are always challenges out there, but choosing the right one for the right time can be difficult. We are having typical misty rain sort of weather here, and while I was out earlier, a smile crossed my face recalling the occasional walk in the rain during university, when I just needed to get out of the dorms and away from people. It didn't really help me make a decision, but the smile gave me a reason to think about what is next. I should live in the present, and I do frequently, but it is also necessary to plan some things for the future. Living now doing nothing because you plan on doing it when you retire is stupid, because there is always that proverbial bus.

No comments: