Friday, October 10, 2008

A really nice day


Really, you would think that Ballard Blandmark wouldn't be the best name for a building, but this fabulous new thing is indeed that, unless, of course, that fancy "B" in the middle is supposed to stand for Ballard.

Today was a great day. I enjoyed it tremendously, as I got out of the house and walked over to Discovery Park, seeing a sea lion at the locks looking for meals. Imagine my delight in discovering that at Discovery Park there is a 2.8 mile loop trail. While I doubt that I will be taking a 45 pound pack there to get a work out, the fact that I can walk there and do a loop, and by the time I get home, I would have covered over 5 miles is a good thing. Today's walk in the woods was nicer than thirty minutes of cardio any day, though I am sure I never quite got the appropriate heart rate and such.

I have been putzing around in Facebook lately, and it is interesting to see who I know and don't know. It is also nice to reconnect, electronically at least, with some who I have lost contact with. Those I never lost contact with, but who have been negligent in calling, well, it is nice to harass you as well.

2 comments:

Davo said...

Regarding the marquee,also notice the ingenious melding of cursive capital B and L. If only they had spent equal time and creative energy in their design of the building. A shame, really...

JeffTD said...

I did notice that, and I am sure someone thought it was nifty.