Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A little something before bed


I think I mentioned sometime in September that they were installing this public art along the overpass leading to the Ballard bridge on 15th, and if I didn't mention it, I meant to. All of these have lights that shine up the middle, so there is a glowing sort of effect. If I went out at night and took pictures, some of these might make more sense, but there is a nice bit of enigma with them and the daylight.

One more day of work this week, but the high muckity-muck is over-reacting (his mantra sometimes seems to be why react when you can over-react), and a flurry of directives was issued regarding the purchasing department today, so it remains to be seen if there will be more work days next week. The most disconcerting thing that happened is that people who don't know what my job is assigned someone else the responsibility of doing that which I spent two weeks doing after we turned off outstanding orders. Of course, there was a trigger for it, and part of that trigger had to do with parts we wouldn't have stopped anyway because no directive existed to stop them until possibly yesterday, after they had already been returned to us. If I am lucky, perhaps my boss will get me working on whatever project he assigned last week but has yet to explain or detail, which he said he would do near the end of work last Thursday.

No comments: