Monday, October 06, 2008

Using Christmas Presents


Last year for Christmas, I received this nifty headlamp, which at the time I had no idea what I would use if for. Mom, who chose it, thought I could come up with a use for it. Considering that, I can't see how she would disagree with my potential decision to hike the Appalachian Trail--a decision, much like that of Peace Corps, which becomes more concrete the closer it becomes to being possible, and the more I take it seriously as a possibility rather than something I can't do because of my experience or because it takes too much planning. I do think trying to plan weekly mail drops is a bit extreme, and would cause me to consider stock in the USPS. It would also be a decision that would drive my sister and brother-in-law both crazy, as they have volunteered to do the mailing. Oh well, it is just another detail that will be figured out later on. With luck it is something that will fall in place as time progresses, as I don't know if I want to carry a month's worth of foodstuffs, but somewhere between a week and month makes sense, because towns and general stores aren't too far off the path.

No comments: