Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Before too many days go pass

I feel as if I don't get some sort of update here, then I will end up neglecting what so far is a pleasantly revitalized blog.  Anyway, this weekend at work, aside from work, I did manage to start Ocean Vuong's Night Sky with Exit Wounds, which is a book of poetry, rather than a novel.  While I haven't found something easy to share, I can say that it is powerful.  The poems in it so far don't seem good for me to take extracts from, but I refuse to try and copy whole pages, especially when I have to manually type them.

On a less esoteric scale, I also read Wolfmanny by Julia Talbot, of which I can say it was pleasant with an overdose of cute.  I really should have expected the cute, considering it dealt with a shifter manny taking care of five kids.  More than anything, if she plans to expand the series, then she set a good solid base, and hopefully there will be a bit less cute as things progress.  Not a bad mm romance, but one beset with the trials of child players stealing the scene.

I still need to get the John Donne posted over here, but that isn't for just now, and I am sure Mr. Donne did not mean polyamory when he wrote it, though in this day and age, it is something that can be read into the piece.

No comments: