Thursday, February 23, 2017

Dorothy Parker and other things

Prior to sending my niece my old copy of "The Portable Dorothy Parker," I found some used books online and ordered them for myself.  Both came wrapped in plastic like comic books at a comic shop, and while I have already opened and read a few from the poetry book, I also look forward to exploring her short stories anew once I break into that one.  I currently have so much going on book-wise that I fear I will never make it through everything.

Farce President Trump is really making me hope that he can find some legal ground to deport me so I no longer am required to identify as an American.  The man is a terror to our allies and a blessing to our enemies.  If ISIS needs a recruiting tool, then Farce President Trump will step up and make himself and his hateful rhetoric available.  ISIS has never had a better spokesman than Trump.  Oh Allah's faithful, listen to the words of Trump, surely such a bigot will inspire you.

I need to start writing other things again.  These updates where I am nothing but a bit upset with things must be getting as boring to read as they are uninspiring to write.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to see you don't want to be forced to identify yourself as an American. If you find it so distasteful then by all means don't. It appears that you chose to become one, so your loyalty is a little too fluid for my tastes. However there are still a lot of countries for you to try on for size. If they don't fit to your exact measurements, toss them in a Goodwill bin and continue shopping. Maybe someday you'll find your perfect fit. I'm guessing skinny jeans with barely enough room for one.

JeffTD said...

Skinny jeans are icky. Actually, I did not decide to become an American, but was born and raised here. I have travelled some and lived abroad for a few years as well. America does have its problems, and I have been embarrassed when I hear Americans complaining over silly things from across the piazza/plaza/town square, but that is as much to do with their volume as the insipidness of the complaint. I do know that when you sit down and actually speak with people, they are generally good about listening and there is a chance you can make them realize that not every American is loud, entitled, and obnoxious, but that said, it doesn't make me proud that I need to disabuse those ideas about Americans.