Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Congress and Appeasement

I just posted something to my Twitter account about how Congress should recall Neville Chamberlain's policy of appeasement when they deal with Trump.  I really mean Congress as a whole, not just the Democrats.  McConnell ran a thorough policy of disruption during Obama's administration, and it is unfortunate that he did so, as I do think if the Republicans had been willing to work with Obama, then good things could have been accomplished, much like the Republican Congress worked with President Clinton and left the budget in good order when his term ended.  So far nothing that Trump has presented us with in the way of Executive Orders are actually appealing, and I am beginning to wonder if he thinks just because he issues them if they are valid.  For example, his wall order will come to naught if Congress never provides funding.  We should be glad of the line item veto has never passed constitutional muster.

No comments: