Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Did I Doom this?

I mentioned on Facebook that I have recently been active on my blog, for those who may still have the link.  I purposefully did not include a link, and I commented that I hoped my mention of the blog being active again would not curse me into inactivity.  If I had found something worthwhile in the translation, I would post something from Marcel Broodthaers' "My Ogre Book," but in truth it seemed a bit to disjointed and of a piece that removing a section didn't seem quite right, because they would have made even less sense out of context.  Anyway, his "Shadow Theater" is now on my reading list, and, after seeing Ocean Vuong's "Night Sky With Exit Wounds" on many year end lists, I did pick up a copy of my local bookstore (not Amazon), so, it too, is now on my reading list.

I have matching chairs in my living room, one is for me, and one is for my books, and I have to say, if I don't get busy, the one for my books won't have space for anything new.  I could get it all electronically, but I do rather like holding a book, and flipping pages, that old-fashioned sort of nonsense which would likely get me nowhere if I ever have to look for a new job.

If I give my prose line breaks, does it become poetry?

No comments: