Friday, January 13, 2017

Sometimes a slow cooker just doesn't work


Actually I am going to cross post something I wrote for a forum (though it has nothing to do with crock-pots or slow-cookers).

Here is a bit of what took me as a non-sequitur.

Back home, having a long last name
    is like having a big dick, is like having a nice
cookie table.  My five aunts made hundreds
    of Greek cookies for my sister's wedding.

Sometimes you come across something that takes you aback.  Just an arresting collection of images and ideas. (Excerpt from Allison Davis' "The Heart of It All + A Free Beer")

I really do enjoy poetry, and I do love the oddities that authors use when composing poetry.  Good or bad I won't say, but since the poem ended up in the Best American (2016) compilations, I am going to say more thought it good than vulgar.

Wednesday night I launched something in my slow cooker (crock-pot), and while it was edible, it was also something I was unlikely to eat again, so I tossed the balance, much like I would probably do with this clam pizza.

Oh, and aside from dark chocolate M&M's, the bowl is something I made for a cold working class, in case anyone out there ever wonders what to do with such a thing, since it is too small for cereal.

No comments: