Monday, January 23, 2017

Monday mornings

My Monday mornings are actually nights, as I finish up my workweek and begin my weekend.  The last few Monday's I have spent cross-posting news stories to Twitter, Facebook, and Google+, though I know on none of those platforms do I actually have much of a following.  There is so much going on now it can be overwhelming.  The Women's March was a breath of much needed inspiration after the Inauguration the day before with the new President quote a Batman villain in his speech.  Saturday night and Sunday morning the new administration decided they were going to double-down on the Orwellian Newspeak/Doublespeak.  I wish I could laugh at how insipid it made them look, but on review my newsfeed on Facebook, it seems none of those people who voted for Trump actually seemed to care.  As I mentioned there, Lies in favor of the administration are "Alternative Facts," and accurate reporting is "Fake News," and for me this is so much bull.  I think every country with open elections is accustomed to a certain degree of political spin and manipulating the facts, but this wasn't just manipulation, it was downright dishonest, and so blatant that a blind man could see past it.

On another note, my last entry seemed to have alarmed folks, but that was probably because I was dreading the events of the day (the inauguration being foremost).  Writing and posting does a good job of getting those feeling expressed, as well as clearing my brain to think of something else.

No comments: