Friday, January 04, 2008

1st Friday



This week was fairly horrible in regards to clock-watching as it seemed none of my co-workers were thrilled about being there, and that made it no easier for me. C'est la vie. Next week holds more surprises, I am sure, but I am not sure I am prepared for them. Friday at 7:30 and I am ready for bed. Tired from the work week and apathetic about doing just about anything. The art classes I was thinking about taking are even more inviting now, as they do a good job of dispelling general malaise, since they get me out of the apartment and working. I can't say that learning encaustic technique will be good for the floor and carpet, but it could make for some interesting possibilities when it comes to paintings. The other class is an eight week Sunday watercolor class. I don't see how learning how to use those would be a bad thing, and since it is a Sunday thing, I don't have to worry about a tight schedule after work. Somehow, I need to figure a way to keep moving on activities I want to stay involved in, unfortunately for me, it is easy for me to get distracted and find other things to do, sometimes reading, sometimes playing video games, and sometimes just finding an easy excuse not to do it, like laundry, which is such a reasonable excuse since everyone understands what it involves. Breaking old habits and training myself in new is really what it is all about, which always sounds easier than it is.

No comments: