Wednesday, January 02, 2008

It needed to be a half day

The decision at work today by those of us who were attempting that thing was that after extended periods of time off, everyone should only work a half day, allowing them some time to get back up to speed. Today was truly pretty dead at my desk, and my eyes glazed to such a degree that my eyelids kept wanting to slide down them. No sleep for the zombified, as I decided at that point the necessary balm was a walkabout. While at Fluke I would do this same sort of thing when life behind the screen hit that magic "dull beyond belief" moment and I had to fight off sleep. It has never seemed to me a good idea to nap at one's desk, especially if one is not on break--during break it is acceptable.

Oh well, my lean pockets thingy is ready, so I am off to my nutritious dinner.


****After eating lean pocket thingy****

Since I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday, using the last of the dough Dave bought, my house smelled like chocolate chip cookies while baking the lean pocket thingy. My guess is that is an improvement. For those concerned about me doing something proper an balanced for dinner, in addition to the lean pocket thingy, I had a banana and a beer. I will have a couple of the cookies later, though I still fear this won't make my dinner well balanced.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howdy--I re-found another letter to you, written almost entirely in mexican restaurants. much fun and frivolity in them pages, no doubt.