Sunday, January 13, 2008

Inexplicable Public Art on a Beautiful Day


I went out today to buy some painting supplies and ran across this piece on my way there. I think they are supposed to represent people, with their wire mesh forms being derived from household stuff. It didn't really strike me as anything but shiny, at least with clear skies and the sun at a good angle of illumination.

The sun being out has also made my apartment quite toasty, though that is a topic I know I went on in depth about last year, so nothing besides the brief comment today.

Today has been one of those rather nice days where not a lot happens or gets done, but both do. The art supplies have been on my to do list for a while, but I hadn't managed to get around to going to Utrecht, but my 20% everything not on sale coupon was about to expire (on 15 Jan), so it moved up quickly on my must do list. Amazingly, I did not make any detours to spend even more money are art books or magazines or any such thing. The market ends in an hour, but I don' have plans to get there. I will try to find something around the house to eat for dinner, or whatever I want to call my late afternoon meal.

No comments: