Saturday, January 05, 2008

Saturday is here (and a good deal done)


Mid-afternoon here in the wonderful land of whatever. My close by art gallery (OKOK) is open by appointment only this month, but I think that is because the proprietor is off living in some artist's boat in Rotterdam. I finally managed to get the balance of my Christmas presents mailed today, meaning everyone should have their stuff by the end of the next week. I really hope my grandmothers don't talk all that often, especially not in the next week or so. Also, I managed to get a haircut, which is one of those things I do too seldom, and only when my hair has gotten to be too long, which for me translates into long enough that I need to use a comb on it.

We are having the sort of foulish weather where it is sunny and everything, but still raining from the passing fluffy gray clouds. It does make is difficult to come up with solutions as to what to do on such days. I kept thinking about getting the paints out, and they may yet come out tonight, but found myself engrossed in all sorts of other errands (bank, post office, and barber chiefly). Now that afternoon is here, it is up to me to either nap or get busy, but I decided to type instead. As I said in an earlier posting, it is very easy for me to find excuses not to do things that I should be doing. I even managed laundry today. Speaking of laundry, I also managed to complain to the in house manager because someone was inconsiderate enough to start laundry at some point prior to 7 a.m. and at 1 p.m. the washer still had the same clothes it had in it this morning, as did the dryer, and the pile on the floor hadn't budged either. I ended up doing my laundry upstairs, but thought I would at least let the manager know someone was being inconsiderate. For whatever reason, just leaving a "remember your neighbors" sort of note did not appeal to me, probably because calling someone an inconsiderate lout is just not something that I want to do in a polite fashion as I wouldn't want them to miss the point, as it would be cloaked in euphemism as such polite missives always are. There is also the chance that something catastrophic may have happened to the clothes' owner, and if that was the situation, such notes seem horribly tacky faux pas in times of crisis. I will not promise an update on the laundry situation as I will probably have forgotten about it by tomorrow anyway.

No comments: