Saturday, January 12, 2008

Jefferson in Paris


I have no intention of writing about Jefferson in Paris, though the picture is exactly that.

I wonder if what is playing was supposed to be one giant mix. The last song sort of ended mid-beat and this one didn't fit very well as a continuation. Today has been spent doing stuff, like spending my Bop Street Records gift certificate (Ethel Smith's "Miss Smith goes to Paris"), though now I have to do the smart thing and get my turntable fixed. That has not been on my list of things to do, though I should probably make it something to do. I also took down my artificial Christmas tree, and since it is still only mid-January, I did a good job of getting it down at a reasonable time this year, as I think last year it lingered until February. Not only did the tree come down, the boxes actually managed to get put into storage, and for me, the fact they didn't sit around for a couple of weeks minimum is pretty good. Mind you, all of this is happening with no resolutions to change any of my habits, though I think a resolution to take down the tree before January 31st might have been a good one, as I could have kept it. Other than that, nothing terribly exciting going on, though with luck, maybe that will change.

No comments: