Thursday, January 17, 2008

Habits of hardly successful people


Hmmm.... I get home, and the past couple of weeks I have managed to do a bit of exercise (push-ups, crunches, and the like) shortly after arriving. I then ruin it all with a nice beer, but the exercise hasn't been a part of my daily regime in a while, unless you count the mile or so walk to work. Also, at some point, and I know someone has surely noticed, I throw a blog entry up. Not always an entertaining entry, but an entry. I don't really know what sort of audience I have, so I don't make much point in trying to write for them.

"Her tassles are tangled and what's worse my jingle won't jangle."

Minor distractions from the ipod causing quotes from no place, though Tom Waits would be a good place to begin looking for that last one. With that said, it is still early, but tonight was not one with a paint allowance (besides, I think my panel is still not quite dry, and I don't want muddied colors, but jewel tones for my homage to Rothko), so I am not sure what I will do, though perhaps a bit more of Camus is called for--life and the vagaries of an evening or 365 without television. It is odd, some nights I don't care to do those things I have available to me, and those nights it is fair to say I might be bored, but I am sure that if I had television, on those nights I would instead just spend the evening clicking through channels, because my ennui is much more powerful than a sit-com. If I am actually in the mood for a movie (I thought tonight might be one for Blake Edwards' "The Party", but as I don't have it, it isn't), I will watch it, even though it means the screen size it that of my desktop or laptop, depending on whether the watching is going to happen in the bedroom or some other part of the house.

No comments: