Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year, New Fun



Hey, it is time to sound like an advertising jingle. It is the New Year, and an election year at that, so the jingo will be in, even if it doesn't jangle. My evening last night involved sleep, and no champagne. Today has been one of those lazy sunday-like holidays where nothing is accomplished. Partly because of inertia and partly because I really didn't know what I wanted to do today. Now that I have said all that, and managed to get a post up today, I guess I can call it quits for now. It is absolutely amazing how doing nothing is so addictive. You do a bit of it, and you just want to continue doing it. One excuse leads to a whole parade of unfinished activities. The avalanche is incredible. If I stick to no other decision this year, I hope to keep the one that prevents the snowball of unfulfilled interests & incomplete projects from getting any larger. That said, I will see how long the blog goes on, and see if I can manage to surpass last years number of entries, and in doing so, prevent them from becoming navel gazing, as there is no real point in that--if you are going to navel-gaze, do it in front of the mirror in the bathroom.

No comments: