Friday, December 07, 2007

And then there were seven

Seven days so far in December, and seven absolutely marvelous and illuminating blog posts. While I am sure it is hardly a record for most people, and probably not really one for me either, as there is a lot more of the month left, so there is plenty of time for me to stop here, gradually wondering why, indeed, I stopped. I get the feeling that blogs, much like social networking sites, are a sort of fad, and that unless one really has some pressing reason to continue with it, one day it will end, and at that time, it will be because it is seen as a chore, and no longer fun. There are only so many ways to challenge yourself to continue spewing out pixels in this medium. Since I haven't been doing much creatively in other mediums lately, I find this one to be useful. The truly marvelous thing about this is that sometimes it can be horribly revealing and at others, it is nothing more than a bit more pointless pollution, wasting the reader's time. Truthfully though, is this really that much worse than a bodice ripper or television? (I really like the Tom Waits/Peter Murphy collaboration.) The sorry thing about this medium is when people do little else but live their life to have something to write, rather than enjoying life as it happens. Another sad thing about this medium, is that as I was told earlier, people won't always notice an update without a picture, obviously the picture should change with each post, though it did just occur to me to post the same picture post after post after post, but then, based on what I say here, even fewer than my current readership will see what I have to say, since they won't have an immediate visual clue that change has occurred.

With Christmas rapidly approaching, I guess I should be more in the holiday mood. It isn't really a lack of mood here, but lack of desire to rig someplace for my pint size tree, which last year managed to stay on display until February. Artificial trees are a great boon to those of us who happen to be lazy. Lazy...perhaps the descriptive adjective I should apply to me, though I don't really like it.

No comments: