Monday, December 10, 2007

I just realized...

that of all the pictures I posted from my vacation, most have locations that don't immediately scream out to you where the picture was taken. No pyramids, no towers, no churches. While I have lots of those pictures, I think the same aesthetic that caused the majority of my postcards to be of works in the museums I was visiting, has caused the pictures to be of the things I saw that others may or may not have seen, and that others may or may not have decided to take pictures of. The wonderful thing about a digital camera is that you know if something makes a good picture fairly quickly, and you never really run out of film. It is hard to pack real film these days as they airports use heavy duty x-rays on luggage which have a good chance of damaging or ruining outright unprocessed film which may be checked. You can always take another storage card, or do what I did on this trip, which was upload the photos onto my laptop daily. The advantage there is you have a larger view of them and really know if they turned out well or not, which is something the screen on the back of a camera is not likely to show convincingly, at least not on the camera I have.

The sun was out today, so my apartment is nice and warm, unlike yesterday, when it never quite got there.

No comments: