Sunday, December 09, 2007

Sunday Morning, with no bright sun


And unlike last night, the living room is chilly. I guess I have figured out one reason to have a laptop, which is because it is portable, it allows me to write from the living room. It is an awfully expensive solution to being able to type in the living room, but then I can also generally surf the net, and even watch things, though this latter seems to be used the least. In addition to the laptop, I still have to figure out what I am doing with this blog as well. It is nice having something to do everyday, but I still have to come up with something that is compelling for content, since me sitting on the sofa typing with my legs covered in a blanket is not truly compelling content. For some many years, people had a life they considered private, and in this age, many people are choosing to take their private lives public, though even in that, you have to wonder just how much is on display. How much of what people are thinking is posted? Is the self-editing done by everyone, or just a certain sort? With the celebrity train wrecks that make the news, I feel certain, the closer someone's life is to a catastrophe, the less is actually mentioned online, and if it is mentioned, then gloss is the word. The problem I have is that I don't do all that much. I don't go out, because I really don't just want to spend all my time in bars, though they are a frequent destination, since it is good to get away from home. I don't have to work tomorrow, so I should find something fun tonight, but since I was up at 6 this morning, I am not likely to be awake long enough for that. I will find something to do today, but it may take a bit. Perhaps the renovated & expanded museum here, though my trip probably did even more damage to my perception, which wasn't terribly impressed after my visit to their old facility, but I can hope.

No comments: