Sunday, December 09, 2007

Casting Couch for Christmas?

With lyrics like "girls should be obscene and not heard," this is one of Kay Martin's holiday songs. There is something about the raunchiness of 50's/60's bachelor music, at least I am guessing that is who her main audience was, and though it doesn't have the camp coefficient of Mae West's Holiday Album from then, it is just as listenable, if you don't mind the entendres.

More candles burning today, but no tree as yet. I just haven't motivated myself to go to my storage locker and pull out the boxes, because then I could watch the Grinch as well. Amazing how many things just seem to get put off, since I know, without plans to be elsewhere, I will likely pull everything out of the closet and set things up.

***Added a bit later, but didn't want a new post.****

It is nice to check email and discover messages from people you sent postcards to while abroad. Aside from my family, several friends received them as well, and those messages are trickling in, and it is nice to know people enjoyed them and were surprised, though in some cases I missed people by a month or so in the timing (such as they are going to be in Paris at Christmas). Of course it would have been a great shock to actually run into someone I know there, though it would have been fun and a great surprise.

No comments: