Sunday, December 30, 2007

To a close

With this, there is one more day, and hopefully at least one more entry, before the new year. Today involved going to the store. That is all today involved, aside from playing the Lord of the Rings Online free demo I downloaded yesterday. It is fun, though different from what I am used to, but that is neither better or worse. Aside from that, I haven't really been doing all that much. Today was sunny, but I think it was chillier than it has been the last several days.

Oh, it looks lie AOL is going to finally shut everyone's Netscape accounts down. I don't' know how much additional it costs to maintain that domain name and those servers, but I guess they have decided it is one more cost they need to cut. Netscape will officially be consigned to the dustbin, though in reality that happened shortly after the purchase by AOL. I don't think they new what to do with it, and the result is that it is just one more thing people will remember, but not longer be able to experience, at least not in an up to date form. Firefox may be derived from the old code, but Firefox doesn't capture the spirit of the early age, and it isn't likely anything will, as the internet has changed to something not easily recognizable to those who thought it up.

Looking back is traditional this time of year, and maybe tomorrow I will do some more.

No comments: