Thursday, December 06, 2007

Yesterday's Image, Today!



After my complaints yesterday, it seems things are working better today, though oddly I feel worse. How is it that when the computer works correctly, I get sick? It isn't a big deal, though I am not looking forward to tomorrow. With luck, I can get through with Ibuprofen--without, it will be ugly. Because of my incredible lack of feeling anything faintly resembling good, I also seem to have a lack of anything to write. I have wished I could just shut my brain off for much of the day, curl up into a very cozy fetal position, and sleep the day away. Not to mislead, I did take a nap after work, and I do plan on going to bed early. I will likely skip any alcohol tonight as well, since my understanding is that it does more harm than good when one doesn't feel as spry as one should.

I just moved the laptop to my lap as I sit on the sofa, with little light except that being shed by the screen. For some reason, this seems indulgent. After years of the computer being tied to a certain place, now it is free, though I haven't made it as free as it could be, since I don't always haul it around with me. By not doing work on it, taking it places is really much more conspicuous consumption than anything else, but I shouldn't let that bother me. I do enough conspicuous non-consumption, that letting someone see me running around with a laptop isn't a bad thing, and I can always pretend to be doing very important things, like checking out the situation if I were to move. Job hunting is very important.

To wrap today's rambling nonsense up, I guess I need saran wrap, because otherwise the picture is useless. I believe a museum in Vienna has a model for the figure used in this fountain, and I found it remarkable there when I saw it. I didn't realize that it was part of something larger, though similar to a multi-figure Rodin sculpture, all the figures are identical, which does not make for a dull composition.

No comments: