Friday, December 14, 2007

Friday Food

Dinner decisions are a nightmare sometimes. Those nights when you just feel the desire to get out of the house for a bit, and believe dinner is just the perfect excuse. It is the perfect excuse, but then comes the decision on where to eat. Perhaps I should have sample the menu at the Old Town while have a Dick's Silk Lady, but I have eaten there a bit since my return from Europe. There are so many other alternatives, that I haven't decided yet where to go. While I am sure this says nothing about my culinary tastes, lately, I have been choosing my restaurants by the tap selection as much as by their food. It is nice that there are several places close by with a variety on tap and not all of them serving burgers. The worst is waiting too long, for then, food is just food, and then McDonald's would work, though they don't serve beer in this country, so would be disqualified for that reason. (And if they did serve beer here, it would likely be Miller or Bud, so, again, they would be disqualified.) I do enjoy variety, which is sort of why Zayda Buddies keeps crossing my mind. While they do not have the best beer list, they have a decent pizza, and I haven't had anything but store-bought frozen pizza since my return from Europe. The few places that serve burgers are also appealing. Dining options and walking distance--this is what my Friday's are reduced too. Nothing bright, shiny, and festive this close to the holiday, but instead, where can I fill my stomach. Theoretically, I could expand the options a bit by walking over to Fremont, but I don't see much point in that, especially not with a house guest showing up next week who can be a guinea pig for places over there I haven't tried. Dave like Chinese buffets, though I think he is out of luck in this neighborhood for that, but if he like Thai, there are a few places we can go--one in Ballard & another one or two in Fremont.

No comments: