Thursday, December 13, 2007

What to add?



Actually, I can think of plenty to add, but the most distressing is I still have Christmas shopping to do, when I thought it was all done. All the little ones are taken care of, and one I even spoke with on the phone today? These last two weeks of the year are going to be difficult at work--difficult in the sense of really getting much done. Things will happen, and business will move forward, but I think in most places people are less than fully present at work (less now than normal). Tomorrow is our office party, and the whole company will shut down around 11:00 or so, move off-site for a buffet lunch, and if last year is an example, then a few hours of random drawings for company supplied swag (though none had the company logo on it last year), followed by an "early" release. It should be pleasant enough, at least a little more pleasant than working all day and dealing with that sort of silliness. This is actually the first place I have worked where they decided the company party should be during business hours so everyone could attend with no difficulty.

This is a difficultly random post, as I can't think of what needs to be here, though perhaps I will try to take a good picture of my tree and post it some time before the holiday, but don't hold your breath, or you may turn blue. What does need to be added here? Does anything need to be added here? (Actually, I should forgo adding additional questions and clean house, since I have a guest coming next week.) Cleaning is boring, so I will get to it later, like next Tuesday night, where it sets in with a panic. I did some deleting of contacts off my Yahoo messenger yesterday. Somehow I managed to get all these people, and I don't remember who they all are, so I decided to click on their profiles and see if I recognized the picture or the description. Surprisingly, a few I recalled, and, not so surprisingly, there were many more I did not know, and the delete button was pressed. I really hope that I didn't delete anyone I shouldn't have, but I would bet everyone goes through this pruning process periodically.

No comments: