Saturday, December 08, 2007

The candle is still burning...

This morning I lit a candle, one of those with some indeterminate scent, like "autumn leaves falling in the river." Anyway, it is still burning and doesn't look like much has really been melted, but I could be wrong. My apartment generally does an incredible job retaining heat. For example, the bedroom baseboard heater is set to 65 F or so, and there is no heat on at all in the rest of the apartment. Kip stopped by, and said it was t-shirt weather in my place. Actually, t-shirt and shorts is more like it. Once I doubt I am going out any more in a given day, it is time to put shorts on. If I actually turn the heat off, it is cold when I want to go to bed. I don't recall my electric bill being any greater for this use of electricity, though I doubt it is really excessive.

Some song called "Santa's on a Diet" is playing, and I am sort of curious where it came from. I don't recognize it, but since it is on the least played playlist, it either showed up after Christmas last year, or was some part of a compilation this year, though it seemed a little to gimmicky for any compilation I have uploaded this year. (I haven't put my Tijuana Brass knock-offs on my ipod yet, and that is the main gimmicky thing from this year, so far.)

Tomorrow, I have a little more shopping to do, then I am done. I have to wait for something to come in, then I can ship everything, though I think I can ship some stuff on Monday, though tomorrow will be the final check on that. Not having a car has been nice, as in removing my ability to get around on a whim and making me consider things, I have also spent less money. This year's gift giving seems to be for a reduced number of people--basically my nieces & nephews. It is after 9 p.m., and even though I don't work on Sundays, I do think I will be getting to bed soon, so I should wrap this up.

No comments: