Thursday, December 20, 2007

Oops! I missed a day.



Well, one day isn't a bad skip, but I had been trying for a month with no skipped days on the blog. Actually, yesterday's reason was because Dave has arrived, so we had a bit of catching up to do, as well as a bit of drinking. The drinking part may have involved more than a bit, but he did like the offerings at the Jolly Roger Taproom, his favorites being the Flagship Red and the namesake Christmas Ale, though if the weather would have been warmer, the dry hopped IPA would have been the winner. Tonight, he is off visiting his family, which is why I can sit here and type this without worrying about ignoring him.

Unfortunately, I don't have any more to say than I normally do, and so I get to go tangentially where I hope I haven't really gone before, but one can never really be sure. I have spoken about beer before, so that won't really be the focus, though there is much that can be said about it. I was actually surprised and pleased when Dave was cool with the experimentation while drinking, rather than retire to what I would have thought as his predictable glass of wine. Truth is, he is out in good beer country, so I am sure he will explore that as fully as I let him. Tonight is going to be a super early night because last night wasn't, and I stay up so far past my bedtime that I didn't hear the alarm this morning, at least not consciously, though Dave claims to have heard mutterings from my room when it went off. It was a challenge getting to work close to on time today, though I did manage a facsimile of it, and was told that it was no big deal--pleasing me much, but not so much as I think I will try it again tomorrow.

No comments: