Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Such a lovely collection of photos

I have a lovely collection of photos, but something is up and I seem to be having problems uploading one as an example. Actually, like all the recent photos, it is from my trip to Europe. Every day back is another day I wouldn't mind being on vacation, though that is not a realistic option. Currently, I am still amazing myself at my ability to use this computer for nothing except those silly things laptops were meant for. Instead of writing this post from the desktop in the bedroom, I am using the laptop on the sofa. Since I don't mind the small screen, I can also watch the occasional television show on DVD, though I don't know how long that fascination will last. If I buy a television, now is the season to do it, with all the holiday markdowns. I also just deposited all the unused traveler's checks (which would be all of them) into my checking account, so there is a bit of extra money there. All that is left is to visit an electronics store, and I think Kip would be up for that, though I do not know if I would be up for blowing the money for a big, flat, television, though I have no problems spending smaller quantities on nice beer. Currently, I am working on the St. Bernardus Christmas Ale, and enjoying it, though probably not enough to go drop $20 for a bottle with the appropriate keepsake glass at the Old Town. The thing is though, that because the Belgians allow themselves a few more ingredients than the Germans, their beers seem more complex, but they aren't the thing for a quick, feeling thirsty, quencher, because of this complexity--leave that to pilseners.

No comments: