Thursday, December 27, 2007

Thursday as a Monday



It definitely felt like a Monday at work, but that is over with, and now I can blissfully blather about Bowie, who happens to be playing in the background as I type. Actually, I don't know that he will be the subject of this post, but how to get back in the habit of typing a reasonable amount of text. Dave actually puts me to shame with his pre-written and edited blog entries, but if I were to try that, it is likely nothing would ever make it here, not because of self-editing, but because I would deem it too old to deal with by the time I got around to posting it.

The new year is rapidly approaching, though time is probably moving at its standard pace, so it is now appropriate to make those resolutions which I may or may not keep. I haven't made them in years because I normally don't manage to keep them, and I have never been keen on the concept of failure or giving up. The horrible thing about not making resolutions is that by not having them, the goals for the year are already met at the stroke of midnight. On a broader scale, by not setting resolutions, I also continue in the same patterns that I have always held, which is why it was such a big deal to get those brief posts posted while Dave was here. I don't need an excuse to do nothing, and once excuses start, then the big doing nothing begins, if you can actually begin doing nothing. It is actually something that has never crossed my mind in this fashion, as previously I had just dismissed resolutions, not really looking to see if they can relate to a larger palette. [I am sure I can mix a few more metaphors given the proper amount of rambling space.] I think all too long I have seen resolutions not taken seriously, so I have never really bothered to make them. It has also come to my attention that I am better at working towards something I am paying for. If I want to go to the gym regularly, get a trainer, and if I want to work at art, take a class. Where do I find the self-motivation. There are lots of pictures out there to motivate me, but pictures are abstract, and I can always just stay home, not worrying about the social thing. Unfortunately, this latter option makes things very dull. Bowie is still playing and my beer is getting warm on the counter, so I think this is wrapped up for today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made it back! Jetlagged bigtime, but back. Thanks again for the great trip!